Bugaglugs

Default Compare 2 columns to see differences

I've got a list of all the sales accounts that our company deals with in
column A and all the ones that have been dealt with by my team in column B -
I want to see which ones from 'A' haven't been seen by my team (i.e.
potential new opportunities).

Is there an easy way to do this?

Bugaglugs

Thanks very much for responding so promptly - I think that I must be doing
something wrong as this doesn't appear to be working, or at least giving me
any answer......

Say for example this is what I have;
Column A(i.e. all the accounts my company manages)
Tesco
Sainsbury
Asda
Morrisons

And in column B (accounts my team has dealt with)
Tesco
Morrisons

I want Column C to show, or at least indicate that we should also try to see
Sainsbury and Asda

Bugaglugs wrote:

I've got a list of all the sales accounts that our company deals with in
column A and all the ones that have been dealt with by my team in column B -
I want to see which ones from 'A' haven't been seen by my team (i.e.
potential new opportunities).

Is there an easy way to do this?

greg7468

if your master list in is A1:A100
and your dealt with list is in B1 downwards

in C1
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,B1)0,"dealt with","to see")

Drag this down for all the data in column A.

This may look messy because the "dealt with" and "to see" in column C
will be for column A values. If you can, insert a column between A and
B and then put this in B1

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,C1)0,"dealt with","to see")

drag down for all values in column A and now the response lines up with
the data in column A.

When you say it doesn't work, if this doesn't come back and tell us
what you are getting.

HTH.

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386281

Ashish Mathur

Assuming the names in column A are in range A3:A5 and in column B in range
B3:B5. In cell C3, array enter the following formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=IF(OR(EXACT(A3,$B$3:$B$5)),"","Potential")

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashish Mathur