D.J.Shaw

Default Running Total

I have a Expense/Receipt workbook with 12 sheets title from left to right
July - June. I have one cell for Profit/Loss for each month. I need to have
this carried through the entire 12 sheets as a running total. I have had
some answers from other groups but either I am too thick or they assume I am
really good at this, so I don't understand their answers. Those that looked
easy didn't work. I am about intermediate with excel so could anyone please
help .
Splinter

Kassie

Hi

Not quite clear on what you want to achieve here?

Do you want to carry over the total of a given month to the next month, and
so on until you reach the last sheet, or do you want the totals of all
preceding sheets shown in the next sheet, or do you want the totals shown on
the last sheet.

If the first, sheet named July should have a formula below the last entry,
eg in D123, viz =SUM(D2:D122). Sheet for August should start with a formula
in the first relevant cell, to get the total from the July sheet, eg
=July!Total or =July!D123, or whatever the cell reference for the total of
the Jule sheet may be. This gets repeated throughout the other sheets.

If the 2nd, then you would use a specific area on each sheet, to show the
values of all preceding sheets.

Say you start in G1, then in the sheet for August enter "July" in G1, and in
H1 enter =July!Total or =July!D123
Do the same in the other sheets. In the sheets for September, add "August"
in G2, and =August!Total or =August!D whatever.

If the 3rd, then do the 2nd option only in sheet June.