Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
IHF IHF is offline

Default how do i count using two criteria

I have varying dates in D:D and different names in F:F such as

5/1/09 splmd2
6/1/09 armd4b
12/01/09 carbdp

the names repeat as wil some of the dates.
I have tried different ways to count...I want to know how may splmd2 (or
whatever names are in the column) do I have that fall in a range greater than
a specific date. Like
=Countif D:D +=G1(a date to be determined in that cell) and if F:F=H1 (one
of the names listed above)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
try something like this....

=SUMPRODUCT((D2:D25=D25)*--(F2:F25=F3))

regards
FSt1

"IHF" wrote:

I have varying dates in D:D and different names in F:F such as

5/1/09 splmd2
6/1/09 armd4b
12/01/09 carbdp

the names repeat as wil some of the dates.
I have tried different ways to count...I want to know how may splmd2 (or
whatever names are in the column) do I have that fall in a range greater than
a specific date. Like
=Countif D:D +=G1(a date to be determined in that cell) and if F:F=H1 (one
of the names listed above)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(D:D=G1),--(F:F=H1))
Note that you can only use D:D & F:F in Excel 2007. If using an earlier
version, specify a range.
Hope this helps.
Dave