Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I edit the formula without changing the format? {=SUM(if.

I have this formula in a cell: {=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:Q6),1,0))}
When I press F2 and hit enter excel removes the brakets from the formula and
instead of having the sum I got zero as a result.

How can I edit the formula without changing the format?

When I insert the brackets, excel treats the formula into a text value.

Thanks

Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your formula is an ARRAY formula that when entered or edited must be
finished with ctrl+shift+enter instead of just enter. You said nothing about
formatting.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Martin" wrote in message
I have this formula in a cell: {=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:Q6),1,0))}
When I press F2 and hit enter excel removes the brakets from the formula
and
instead of having the sum I got zero as a result.

How can I edit the formula without changing the format?

When I insert the brackets, excel treats the formula into a text value.

Thanks

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Martin.

As this is a matrix formula, finish editing the formula by pressing
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Regards,
Per

"Martin" skrev i meddelelsen
I have this formula in a cell: {=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:Q6),1,0))}
When I press F2 and hit enter excel removes the brakets from the formula
and
instead of having the sum I got zero as a result.

How can I edit the formula without changing the format?

When I insert the brackets, excel treats the formula into a text value.

Thanks

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Should give the same result withOUT Array entering
=SUMPRODUCT((ISTEXT(C6:Q6)*1))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel