Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumIF with condition and exception

I need help with a SUMIF formula that is needed that adds the amount based on
one condition but excludes another.

Example:

A B C
Prsn Type Contracts
1 JG MP $8000.00
2 JG DV $1200.00
3 JG MP $10000.00
4 SA AF $6000.00
5 SA DV $4500.00
4 JG AF $3000.00
5 JG DV $1500.00

I need it to calculate the total contract amount for all of JG's, except for
the types marked as MP.

Any help would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Scott

Use SUMPRODUCT()

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="JG"),--(B2:B10<"MP"),--(C2:C10))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scott A" wrote:

I need help with a SUMIF formula that is needed that adds the amount based on
one condition but excludes another.

Example:

A B C
Prsn Type Contracts
1 JG MP $8000.00
2 JG DV $1200.00
3 JG MP $10000.00
4 SA AF $6000.00
5 SA DV $4500.00
4 JG AF $3000.00
5 JG DV $1500.00

I need it to calculate the total contract amount for all of JG's, except for
the types marked as MP.

Any help would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am doing this function on another worksheet and by doing this I get a
#VALUE! error that says "A value used in the formula is of the wrong data
type". Do you know how to correct this?