Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate hours of work substracting non-working time

We have an application that gives us these fields in Excel. These are logged
jobs being performed for staff.

Start Date (date the job started)
StartTime
Returned Date (date job was completed)
Returned Time
Turnaround hours (total hours including non-working time)

If the job goes beyond the day it's started, I would like to create a
calculation to determine the numbers of hours a job took minus 16 hours of
non-working time for each day.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
If the job goes beyond the day it's started, I would like to create a
calculation to determine the numbers of hours a job took minus 16
hours of non-working time for each day.

Try:

=A5-16*(A3-A1)

where A1 is the start date, A3 is the end date and A5 is the total hours.
That assumes that A5 is indeed hours, not the format hh:mm. If the latter,
then try:

=A5-16*(A3-A1)/24