Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah ah is offline

Default Replace text with text

I have text within a cell that I need to replace with differenct text so I
can so a vlookup.

Example: FDA1510 needs to become CA1510, there are about 160+ cells that
need to be changed. I have tried the replace function, but it seems I am not
putting the correct information in, or I don't know how to show the result
instead of the function. When I put in the function I don't get an error
message, the cells only shows the function.

Thanks!

AH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

what version of Excel are you using? Show us the formulas.

In general replace CA1 with FDA1 should work with whole cell unchecked.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire