Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Computing the item age

Hi,

Can someone help me with this:
I have the following type of data:

Itam Tag Last Updated Date
AAA 01-Jan-09
AAB 01-Jan-09
AAC 01-Jan-09
AAA 02-Jan-09
AAD 02-Jan-09
AAF 02-Jan-09
BBA 02-Jan-09
AAA 03-Jan-09
AAD 03-Jan-09
BBB 03-Jan-09
AAD 04-Jan-09

Above is the cumulative data for daily reports (report generated on
last updated date). An item tag appears in the report it the item is
outstanding. And it will keep appearing everyday until it is fixed. I
want to compute what is the last day when the appeared in the report,
that is, if you look at item AAA, it first appeared on 1-jan-09 and it
last appeared on 3-jan-09. So, I should be able to compute the number
of days this item was outstanding.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help me with this. Thanks.

-AG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MAX(IF(A1:A11="AAA",B1:B11,""))-MIN(IF(A1:A11="AAA",B1:B11,""))

This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"AG" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

AG wrote:
[...]

Not sure if this is what you mean--In C2 and fill down, this array
formula* will return the max date for the Item Tag.

=MAX(IF(A2=$A$2:$A$12,$B$2:$B$12))

*Commit the array formula by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks both of you. That works for me.
- AG