Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Separating text in one cell into two cells

For example cell B2:B11 contan the following:

Ralph Reinhart, Roadmaster
John Wodehouse, Grounds Manager
Wendy Becker, Treasurer
Jane Bender, Secretary/Treasurer
Cynthia Urick, Sr. Purchasing Agent
Charles Lyon, Manager
Harry Brown, Executive Director
Michele Zimmerman, Business Manager
Andrea Delo, Secretary
Bruce P Meitzler, Operations Manager

I want to have C2:C11 contain the portion before the comma, and D2:D11 to
contain the portion after the comma and space.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In C2
=TRIM(LEFT(B2,FIND(",",B2)-1))
In D2
=TRIM(MID(B2,FIND(",",B2)+1,LEN(B2)))
and copy that down as required

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"France" wrote:

For example cell B2:B11 contan the following:

Ralph Reinhart, Roadmaster
John Wodehouse, Grounds Manager
Wendy Becker, Treasurer
Jane Bender, Secretary/Treasurer
Cynthia Urick, Sr. Purchasing Agent
Charles Lyon, Manager
Harry Brown, Executive Director
Michele Zimmerman, Business Manager
Andrea Delo, Secretary
Bruce P Meitzler, Operations Manager

I want to have C2:C11 contain the portion before the comma, and D2:D11 to
contain the portion after the comma and space.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by comma.

Select C2 as the destination in Step 3