Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What's Wrong: Concatenation and Function

="Top "&$B$2&" Part Numbers by CORRS " &F2&TEXT($D$2,"mmmm d yyyy")

When I enter this in a cell I keep getting "0" as the result. It works fine
until I place the Text function on the end.

The result is supposed to be as follows:
Top 16 Part Numbers by CORRS for the 6 Month Period Ending April 30, 2009

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Works for me with a number in B2, the appropriate string in F2 and a date in
D2

Do you get nothing but a 0?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:44:17 -0700, Walter
wrote:

="Top "&$B$2&" Part Numbers by CORRS " &F2&TEXT($D$2,"mmmm d yyyy")

When I enter this in a cell I keep getting "0" as the result. It works fine
until I place the Text function on the end.

The result is supposed to be as follows:
Top 16 Part Numbers by CORRS for the 6 Month Period Ending April 30, 2009

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It should work...
make sure that
B2=Top 16
F2= for the 6 Month Period Ending
and D2 = April 30, 2009 as a date (not text)