Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default timestamp

excell spreadsheet, cell acquires date from formula, but when new information
is entered the date changes, I need it not to change once the formula has
been made.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 17 May 2009 07:01:12 -0700, james
wrote:

excell spreadsheet, cell acquires date from formula, but when new information
is entered the date changes, I need it not to change once the formula has
been made.

Tie it to the file creation date.

This query would then be about how one extracts such file attribute
info during a session for use in a sheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would suggest some type of event code that adds a static timestamp rather
than have a formula-derived one.

But you can prevent a formula from updating using worksheet functions alone.

Couple of methods on John McGimpsey's site

One without VBA and one with.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP