Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Summing a column

I have a column of numbers - some with different colors. I'd like to sum
just the green or the red, etc. How do I write a formula that somes only
certain colors?

Thanks,
Curt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why are some numbers green and some red?

Write the formula based on *why* the numbers are the color they are.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rooky228" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers - some with different colors. I'd like to sum
just the green or the red, etc. How do I write a formula that somes only
certain colors?

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Curt
You don't. But you might be able to write a formula that works with the
condition(s) that made/created the colors. Can yo detail those conditions?
HTH Otto
"Rooky228" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers - some with different colors. I'd like to sum
just the green or the red, etc. How do I write a formula that somes only
certain colors?

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I manually set certain colors on certain cells.

Ok, but you decided to set the color for a *reason*, didn't you? You didn't
just decide to randomly color cells.

I'm trying to coax the info out of you so you can do this the *easy* way,
otherwise, it's complicated:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rooky228" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers - some with different colors. I'd like to
sum
just the green or the red, etc. How do I write a formula that somes
only
certain colors?

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I sorted the column from largest to smallest and then colored the cells that
added up to 80% of the total. Then I want to re-sort the column using an
adjacent column showing names.

"Rooky228" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers - some with different colors. I'd like to
sum
just the green or the red, etc. How do I write a formula that somes
only
certain colors?

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, for that, then I guess you'll need to use the VBA procedures described
in the link I posted.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP