Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert figures to Hours and minutes

Hi All,

Using Excel 2007.
I have the following data
A B C D E F G
45 30 38 75 14 202 3.22

My problem is how to get F which is 202 minutes ( a total of A thro' E ) to
convert into G which is 3 hrs 22min ( which I show here only to illustrate
what I want to achieve ).

It all sounds so simple,but I cannot achieve this. Can some one give me the
formula to put in G to achieve the conversion.

Many thanks in advance
--
Wales - the land of fire breathing dragons and rugby palaying wizards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=F1/(24*60)
and format as Custom h.mm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200852

"Finance Guru" wrote:

Hi All,

Using Excel 2007.
I have the following data
A B C D E F G
45 30 38 75 14 202 3.22

My problem is how to get F which is 202 minutes ( a total of A thro' E ) to
convert into G which is 3 hrs 22min ( which I show here only to illustrate
what I want to achieve ).

It all sounds so simple,but I cannot achieve this. Can some one give me the
formula to put in G to achieve the conversion.

Many thanks in advance
--
Wales - the land of fire breathing dragons and rugby palaying wizards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You don't need the intermediate sum cell, do it all in one

=SUM(A1:E1)/1440

Format as [hh]:mm

Mike

"Finance Guru" wrote:

Hi All,

Using Excel 2007.
I have the following data
A B C D E F G
45 30 38 75 14 202 3.22

My problem is how to get F which is 202 minutes ( a total of A thro' E ) to
convert into G which is 3 hrs 22min ( which I show here only to illustrate
what I want to achieve ).

It all sounds so simple,but I cannot achieve this. Can some one give me the
formula to put in G to achieve the conversion.

Many thanks in advance
--
Wales - the land of fire breathing dragons and rugby palaying wizards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gary's Studen & MikeH,

I tried both your answers and both solutions work fine.
Thank you both for taking the time out to reply

I told you it was Simple - just me having a bad day

Regards
Jack
--
Wales - the land of fire breathing dragons and rugby playing wizards.