Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Charts don't copy with new sheet

I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little trouble. I
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create 11 more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab, choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there are no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet, but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Normally, I just do a CTRL-drag on the sheet tab to copy a sheet in
its entirety (including graphs, which then refer to the cells on the
copied sheet). Mind you, I don't have XL2007, so I can't test this out
for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 5, 4:12*pm, MacPadana
wrote:
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little trouble.. I
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create 11 more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab, choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there are no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet, but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It must be a setting somewhere, then. I've been fighting this off and on all
day.

Just to be sure...
You're saying there are charts on the new page, identical to those on the
original page? And they reference cells on the new page?

wrote:
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little
trouble.. I
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create
11 more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there
are no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet,
but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be
appreciated..

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes the data/charts on the new page are identical, and the series data
references the same data on the new page. I just did a test file, entered
1,2,3,4,5 down colum a, selected all the entries, went to the insert tab,
chose line chart. Then did what was in my last post, the new (copy) was
identical, except the data series was referencing the same data but on the
new sheet. Try it on a new sheet for test purposes.?

wrote:
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little
trouble.. I
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to
create
11 more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but
there
are no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new
sheet,
but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be
appreciated..

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

It works absolutely fine for me. When I copy the sheet as per your method,
the charts appear on the new sheet with the range of cells on the new sheet.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create 11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet, but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - I've always done it that way !!

Pete

On Feb 5, 11:19*pm, "Meebers" wrote:
Additionally, I tried Pete-UK method, works the same way in 2007. *TX Pete,
learned a shorter way to copy sheets!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mac -

Are you using Excel 2007 SP1?

Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create 11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet, but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes,
2007 (12.0.6331.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)

Please tell me that means something!

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create 11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet, but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mac -

It means you're using Excel 2007 SP1, not the original Excel 2007.

I cannot replicate your problem in Excel 2007 SP1.

To check for a possible corrupted workbook: Do you get the same results if
you exit Excel, start Excel, open a new workbook, enter some data, insert a
chart, and create a copy of the sheet?

- Mike

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little
trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create
11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there
are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet,
but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

I actually tried that last night but for other reasons. It occured to me
that I had been working with workbooks created in an older version and I
wanted to see if starting fresh made a difference. Unfortunately, it didn't.
I just tried again this morning from a fresh startup and still had no luck.

I also used the "Get Updates" option from the Resources menue. It found one
update and downloaded it but it didn't help this issue.

Mac

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little
trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create
11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there
are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet,
but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Finally got it figured out. In the Advanced options section under Cut, copy,
and paste section, I didn't have the box checked to Copy and paste objects
with their parent cells. Can't believe it took this long. Thanks for al the

Mac

"MacPadana" wrote in message
I've just started working with Excel 2007 and I'm having a little
trouble.
have a sheet with charts showing data for January. I wanted to create
11
more
sheets just like it for the rest of the year. I right click the tab,
choose
'Create Copy" and hit OK. A new tab appears just like always but there
are
no
charts! I can copy and paste the charts seperately into the new sheet,
but
they reference the data in the January tab. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Thanks or sharing the workaround. I did not know that unchecking the box
could give rise to this problem. Also, am somewhat surprised that this
problem arose because the default setting is a tick in that box

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"MacPadana" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah...

This was self inflicted. I really hate the paste and insert option buttons
so when I turned those off, I must have unchecked this one too. I didn't
realize the ramifications.

Mac