Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJ AJ is offline

Default Calculating costs

I am trying to calculate costs for product we have to reship to patient,
taking into consideration whether or not we can receive credit from the
vendor. Here is the data.
Worksheet = jan
A B C D E
1 Ship Loc Ship Date Cost Order # Item
Return Reason
2 1 12/30/08 60.00 54585 Baseball bat
Damage
3 28 1/23/09 1.00 54858 Gatorade
Not needed
4 28 2/3/09 1000.00 58975 Team Uniforms Not
needed
5 1 12/28/09 50.00 68748 Glove
unknown
6 4 11/25/09 100.00 58789 Baseball cleats
wrong size
7 5 2/4/09 25.00 89758 Football
not needed

Worksheet = Summary
I want to calculate the cost of all returns with a reason not needed, where
we will not get any credit from vendor for the gatorade and the team
uniforms, but the average cost of everything else is the MSRP price which is
5% higher than our actual cost.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi AJ, Can you clarify the last paragraph?
It's not totaly clear what your intention is.

Maybe a pivot table is a solution for you to total the costs where
return reason = Not needed.

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:08:16 -0800, AJ
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJ AJ is offline

The last paragraph, there are certain items that I will not get credit from
the vendor for. The items that I do get credit from the vendor for, I get
cost plus 5% of cost. so for an item that is eligible for credit that costs
100.00 the credit i will received will be $105 so. So my actual cost for this
order is 100.00 + 25.00 processing cost - $105.00 = $20.00. Not sure if a
pivot table would work, because I have over 40 return reasons, and over 1500
products, some of which i get credit for some of which i do not.