Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using one cells formula in multiple other cells

Hello,
Is there any way to type a generic formula into a cell and then reference
that cell in others to calculate data. I wish to do this so as to be able to
change the formulas in a large spreadsheet without changing every cells
formula. For example is it possible to have cell D5 contain the formula
=B5+C5. Then have G10 perform the calculation E10+F10. Then if I wanted to
I could change the formula in D5 to =B5*C5 and G10's value would change from
the addition of E10 and F10 to the multiplication of them. I don't know if
this is possible, but any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you'll have to change the formula in every cell. But it sure looks like
you could just do a copy|paste special formulas.

If you really wanted to automate it, you could record a macro when you did it
manually. Then just rerun that macro when you needed to do it again.

--

Dave Peterson