Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change graphic chart properties

I created a Graphic Chart in Excel, part of this chart is in bars and part is
in lines.
I changed the chart type for one of this values, from line to bar.
When I clicked Ok, this new bar added is wider than the others.
What can I do to make this new bar be like the other bars in the graphic
chart??

I tried to change the wide, but it affects all the bars.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Eduardo Gonzalez.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends which version of Excel that you are using - in 2003 right click on
the bar select options and you can manipaulate the bar and spcing as required.

The site below is very good for graphing

http://peltiertech.com/index.html

edvvw

Israel wrote:
I created a Graphic Chart in Excel, part of this chart is in bars and part is
in lines.
I changed the chart type for one of this values, from line to bar.
When I clicked Ok, this new bar added is wider than the others.
What can I do to make this new bar be like the other bars in the graphic
chart??

I tried to change the wide, but it affects all the bars.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Eduardo Gonzalez.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for your answer.
I have Office 2003. I right clicked and change properties for the chart, but
when I change the wide for this bar, the rest of the bars also increase or
decrease the wide size, and I want all the bar to have the same wide.

Is it possible or maybe I'm making something wrong?

thank you

Israel wrote:
I created a Graphic Chart in Excel, part of this chart is in bars and part is
in lines.
I changed the chart type for one of this values, from line to bar.
When I clicked Ok, this new bar added is wider than the others.
What can I do to make this new bar be like the other bars in the graphic
chart??

I tried to change the wide, but it affects all the bars.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Eduardo Gonzalez.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suspect you started with the columns and lines on different axes custom
type. Changing a line to a column means your new column is on the secondary
axis, and the other columns are on the primary. To ensure all the columns
use similar spacing, you need to move the secondary column to the primary
axis: double click on it, and on the Axis tab, choose Primary.

Next time, you don't need to use the custom built-in types, just make a
column chart, then select any you want to change, and use Chart menu Chart
Type to change it. Then double click on any series and go to the Axis tab to
change to the secondary axis if needed.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP