Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2007 - automatically changes text data to numbers

I am currently using Excel 2007.

When I download / transfer data from SAP into Excel 2007, it automatically
changes the text data into number data. For example, it removes zero ' 0'
from the beginning of the data. i.e. if the data is '007', it would become as
'7' when it is transferred into Excel.

I was previously using Excel 2003 and I was not having this trouble.

Can anyone please advice.

Regards.

Qaiser
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If SAP exports its data as a .csv file, then change this extension
to .txt, and then within XL you can use File | Open and when you
select the .txt file you will automatically be taken into the Text
Import Wizard - with this you can specify in the 3rd panel that you
want certain fields to be imported as text, so as to retain leading
zeroes and the like.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 16, 7:23*am, Qaiser96
wrote:
I am currently using Excel 2007.

When I download / transfer data from SAP into Excel 2007, it automatically
changes the text data into number data. For example, it removes zero ' 0'
from the beginning of the data. i.e. if the data is '007', it would become as
'7' when it is transferred into Excel.

I was previously using Excel 2003 and I was not having this trouble.

Can anyone please advice.

Regards.

Qaiser

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pete, actually, I download it directly (I do not create the CSV file). In
this option the data is directly transferred into excel columns. Excel 2003
was working fine with it.....
--
Qaiser