Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 and Excel 2003

Hello!

In my PC (OS: Vista), it is pre-installed with Excel 2007. Today, I
installed EXCEL 2003 to be co-exist with 2007 version. Two problems occurred:

1. In the EXCEL2003 menu, there is an additional item called CONTRIBUTE
which caused some errors during EXCEL's starting. Is there any way to remove
CONTRIBUTE? (I believe it is a spillover from EXCEL 2007)

2. In the File/PageSetUp/Margin, the margin shows only one decimal place.
e.g. 0.75 inch shows as 0.8 inch. Any ways to rectify this?

Many thanks.

sengke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"sengke" wrote in message
Hello!

In my PC (OS: Vista), it is pre-installed with Excel 2007. Today, I
installed EXCEL 2003 to be co-exist with 2007 version. Two problems
occurred:

Only two? You're lucky. There are fewer reports of problems between 2003 and
2007, probably because 2007 has been changed so much, but I've come across
some conflicts. Installing an older version over a newer version often
causes problems as well.

1. In the EXCEL2003 menu, there is an additional item called CONTRIBUTE
which caused some errors during EXCEL's starting. Is there any way to
remove
CONTRIBUTE? (I believe it is a spillover from EXCEL 2007)

Nothing to do with Excel 2007. Have you installed any third-party shareware
add-ins?

2. In the File/PageSetUp/Margin, the margin shows only one decimal place.
e.g. 0.75 inch shows as 0.8 inch. Any ways to rectify this?

If they show up as 0.8, they are 0.8, not 0.75. Type in the value you want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply.

1. NO 3rd party shareware being added. CONTRIBUTE is a feature in
EXCEL2007. My old EXCEL2003 no such menu item.

2. I typed 0.75 but it always show 0.8.

sengke

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"sengke" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"sengke" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.

1. NO 3rd party shareware being added. CONTRIBUTE is a feature in
EXCEL2007. My old EXCEL2003 no such menu item.

You got me. The only reference to "contribute" in Excel 2007 help is to the
use of Sharepoint, and "contribute" is used in all lowercase, meaning it's
not an official keyword. None of the items returned in a search of Excel
2003 online help has "contribute" in the help topic title. Tell me where
CONTRIBUTE occurs in your user interface (which tab, group, etc.), and what
happens when you click on it.

2. I typed 0.75 but it always show 0.8.

For the same worksheet, or is it in fact locked into a template you use? My
page setup gives me two decimal places always, and the default seems to be
0.75.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"sengke" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.

1. NO 3rd party shareware being added. CONTRIBUTE is a feature in
EXCEL2007. My old EXCEL2003 no such menu item.

You got me. The only reference to "contribute" in Excel 2007 help is to the
use of Sharepoint, and "contribute" is used in all lowercase, meaning it's
not an official keyword. None of the items returned in a search of Excel
2003 online help has "contribute" in the help topic title. Tell me where
CONTRIBUTE occurs in your user interface (which tab, group, etc.), and what
happens when you click on it.

In my EXCEL2003, "Contribute" appears in the menu bar (sandwitch between
Window and Help). Under it, it has the following submenus: "Open in
Contribute", "Publish To Website" and "Post To Blog".

2. I typed 0.75 but it always show 0.8.

For the same worksheet, or is it in fact locked into a template you use? My
page setup gives me two decimal places always, and the default seems to be
0.75.

After amending the margins to 0.75", I try to save it as book.xlt
(template), but it will still show 0.8" after re-opening.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"sengke" wrote in message

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"sengke" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.

1. NO 3rd party shareware being added. CONTRIBUTE is a feature in
EXCEL2007. My old EXCEL2003 no such menu item.

You got me. The only reference to "contribute" in Excel 2007 help is to
the
use of Sharepoint, and "contribute" is used in all lowercase, meaning
it's
not an official keyword. None of the items returned in a search of Excel
2003 online help has "contribute" in the help topic title. Tell me where
CONTRIBUTE occurs in your user interface (which tab, group, etc.), and
what
happens when you click on it.

In my EXCEL2003, "Contribute" appears in the menu bar (sandwitch between
Window and Help). Under it, it has the following submenus: "Open in
Contribute", "Publish To Website" and "Post To Blog".

This is some third party blogging software add-in. It has nothing to do with
Excel, out of the box. Contribute is not a built-in feature in any version
of Excel.

2. I typed 0.75 but it always show 0.8.

For the same worksheet, or is it in fact locked into a template you use?
My
page setup gives me two decimal places always, and the default seems to
be
0.75.

After amending the margins to 0.75", I try to save it as book.xlt
(template), but it will still show 0.8" after re-opening.

Can't help. I don't know why yours is displaying differently than mine.

- Jon
-------