Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I permanently set grid line color

In either Excel 2003 or 2007, the default gridline color is lost when
projected with my LCD projector. I can set the grid line color to a much
darker blue, but only on a spreadsheet-by-spreadsheet basis. How do I make
this color change permanent?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Existing workbooks will have to be modified manually.

For all new workbooks you can change the default workbook/sheet.

To create a workbook and a worksheet template

Open a new workbook. Customize fonts as you wish through
FormatStyleNormalModify

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP