Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula

Hi,
I need to know how to setup a formula for: If i type in a letter, which
represents a subject and once I type in the letter; when i type in the
amounts the rate of pay would automatically populate. Is this possible?

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks,
Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anita, look up the following function in Excel's help facility.

VLOOKUP

This is one way of getting the results you need. Once you've examined the
formula's help you can re-post with additional details.

Hope this sets you off on the right path.
--
Kevin Backmann