Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can a Dropdown list change neighoring cells base of what is select

I have created a dropdown list in Column A. Dropdown list is made up of
finsihes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) Each finish is worth a different point
value. 1st =800, 2nd = 750, etc. What I would like to happen is have the
adjacent B Column reflect the value based on what place is selected. Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

couple of options here.

You can create a table with place # in column A and point value in column B...

Then, you put in a formula such as:

=VLOOKUP(F2,A2:B20,2,false)

Where F2 is your drop-down value and A2:B20 is your table with place # and
value