Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to refer cell E53 from the previous (=next left) worksheet?

I want to refer in let say the current cell B74 of the current worksheet the value of
the cell E53 in the previous (=next left) worksheet.

In other words if I enter the value 4567.89 in cell E53 of a worksheet that exact this value should
appear in cell B74 of the next right worksheet (regardsless if the labels/names of the worksheets).

How can I setup such a reference?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is the obvious of typing = then selectign the cell from the prior
worksheet, but I assume you want the process automated. Since the sheet names
can vary, I don't know if there is any code that will cover that. May want to
check within the Programming section of this group...

"Jeff Korn" wrote:

I want to refer in let say the current cell B74 of the current worksheet the value of
the cell E53 in the previous (=next left) worksheet.

In other words if I enter the value 4567.89 in cell E53 of a worksheet that exact this value should
appear in cell B74 of the next right worksheet (regardsless if the labels/names of the worksheets).

How can I setup such a reference?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Say we have the typical Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, .....
Select Sheet1, cell E53 and define a Name for that cell ( say jeff)

Then select Sheet2 and pick any cell and enter:
=jeff
The formula will pick up the value from Sheet1. You can re-name Sheet1 and
the formula will still stay valid.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j