Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using SumIf and Multiple Conditions

I want to do a SUMIF function to sum a range of cells but I want to sumif
many conditions. For example, my range has expenses, books, travel,
software, incentives. If I just want to sumif expenses, books and travel, how
do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

cardosol wrote:
I want to do a SUMIF function to sum a range of cells but I want to sumif
many conditions. For example, my range has expenses, books, travel,
software, incentives. If I just want to sumif expenses, books and travel, how
do I do this?

You can use sumproduct - the following example shows how

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:E1="books")*(A2:E3))+SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:E1="software")*(A2:E3)
)

edvwvw