Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grouping Large List

All,
I need you to please help me in the below issue:
I have a 25000-line list of items numbered. But inorder to perform an
operation in the softare I use to pull data I need to feed only 1000 numbers
at a time. How do I group the list the way each group will have 1000 lines?
What I am doing right now is that I select the firist cell, shift+drag down
to reach 1000 and name the group with for instance, "A", then go to the next
cell repeat the drill ..."B", and so on so forth. What is the easyest way to
do that? Any Excel functions that you would prompt me with. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

I think I would ask if you can increase the number of lines to be uploaded?
If not, then are you expecting 25 sheets with 1000 each to upload one at a
time? This can be done with a macro on the data sheet with 25k lines and
having 25 sheets. You can record one and it should be easy to follow.

example:
Rows("1:999").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("1").Select