Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office 2003 pivot table filter data values

I have a pivot table in Office 2003, looking at absence data. How can I
filter out all absences 5 days and under?

The details:

My source data contains one row for each date a person is absent, with a
'duration' value that tells me whether they were absent the whole day or just
for part of that particular day. Someone who was late one day will have a
single row with 'duration' set to 0.1, for example, whereas someone who was
sick for 3 days would have 3 rows with 'duration' of 1 in each row.

My pivot table has 5 data fields in the rows ('works for', 'employee name',
'absence category', absence type' and 'start date'), and the data value is
the sum of the 'duration' data. This allows me to see the total no. of days
absence for a particular manager's entire team, then get finer and finer
detailed totals - (total for this employee, then total for this category
etc.) right down to the total no. of days for each particular absence in my
report period. This is great!

Now, I'm only interested in people who had at least one absence of 6 days or
more. I want to filter the 'sum of duration' in my pivot table data area to
be 5. But I can't see how to do it in Office 2003. I would value any
pointers.

Thanks if you got this far!
Maggie