Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dice roll "problem"

Hi there Mike or Bob, have entered your tip and it worked in a way, when I type
"=RANDBETWEEN(1,6)" and click away to enter I get "#NAME?" displayed in the
cell.
Did I type the code wrong?

Can there be a button in the sheet "named - Roll Dice" added to click on to
generate the values?
If so please help..

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try,

Tools|Addins
Check the analysis toolpak and re-enter the formula.

Mike

"Markv" wrote:

Hi there Mike or Bob, have entered your tip and it worked in a way, when I type
"=RANDBETWEEN(1,6)" and click away to enter I get "#NAME?" displayed in the
cell.
Did I type the code wrong?

Can there be a button in the sheet "named - Roll Dice" added to click on to
generate the values?
If so please help..

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please, Please, Please!

Does it never occur to anyone that if they are struggling with an Excel
function it might be useful to look up the function in Excel help?

Or, to give a shorter answer, RTFM.

Not a specific criticism of you, Mark, but advice for other users too.
--
David Biddulph