Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel File Taking Forever to Open

I am trying to open a file that is only 462KB and Excel just hangs. The
program ends up becoming non-responsive and I have to close it.

It doesn't have any problem opening any other file, just this specific one.
I have tried opening from inside Excel as well as double-clikcing on the file
itself.

I have "Ignore other applications" checked in options.

I am using Office 2000 in XP SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure if 2000 has this feature, but in Excel 2003's menu you can
click Help Detect and Repair. This may help.

Dave O
Eschew obfuscation
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have any Module sheets in VBA excel will ask if you want to enable a
macro even when you have no macros. You need to delete the Module to get the
message from appearing.

"MEAD5432" wrote:

I am trying to open a file that is only 462KB and Excel just hangs. The
program ends up becoming non-responsive and I have to close it.

It doesn't have any problem opening any other file, just this specific one.
I have tried opening from inside Excel as well as double-clikcing on the file
itself.

I have "Ignore other applications" checked in options.

I am using Office 2000 in XP SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I checked the VBA page to see if there were any modules. There is the list
of three (Module 1-3), but they don't have any script in them. Would there
be someplace else where that macro or module be hiding?