Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Default How do i add text onto a picture? I'm doing a birthday invitation

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to add text on a photo for a birthday
invitation and not the best at computers aswell. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can insert the picture (under Insert|Picture|From file in xl2003 menus)
Then Insert|Picture|Word Art

And drag the word art over the picture.

You may find that excel isn't the best authoring program for something like
this. Maybe MSWord???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jay" wrote:

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to add text on a photo for a birthday
invitation and not the best at computers aswell. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Since this sounds like an almost one-time use, you're probably looking for
something inexpensive. How about free?
One of the best general purpose graphic file tools is IrfanView which is
available at no cost from www.irfanview.com - I'm not absolutely certain
that it has the ability to add text onto a picture, but the chances are good.
Another to look at would be SnagIt from www.techsmith.com - you can download
a demo version and use that. Watch out, this is a dynamite application and
you may just end up purchasing a full license! I use this one regularly on
all my machines, and it definitely allows adding text to pictures.

"Jay" wrote:

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to add text on a photo for a birthday
invitation and not the best at computers aswell. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open a copy of the picture in MS Paint, select the text button click the
location and then type in your text.

Jay wrote:

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to add text on a photo for a birthday
invitation and not the best at computers aswell. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Irfanview supports adding text to a picture.

Just use your mouse to select a rectangle on the image and EditInsert Text

Gord