Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default Calculating Dates Within Fiscal Year

I have a large worksheet with information as follows:

Example (Col A/Col B/Col C)
Date Hired/Date Terminated/Total Days Worked
7-1-01/8-31-01/61

I need to determine how many days were worked in both the 2000-2001 fiscal
year (8-1-00--7-31-01) and the 2001-2002 fiscal year. In the example, the
desired return would yield 31 and 30 days, respectively.

I've had no luck finding such a formula or even something to start with.
Does anyone have an bright ideas of how to accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam --

Howze about:

A B C
1 Hired Term Days
2 7/1/01 8/31/01 61

Cell D2 (Days worked in 1st FY):
=MIN(DATE(2001,7,31)-A2,B2-A2)

Cell E2 (Days worked in 2nd FY):
=MIN(B2-DATE(2001,8,1),B2-A2)

You may need to add 1 to one formula or other, to take into account the day
worked. But you can take it from there.

HTH

"Sam" wrote:

I have a large worksheet with information as follows:

Example (Col A/Col B/Col C)
Date Hired/Date Terminated/Total Days Worked