Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can you round a number then use it in another formula

I want to use a rounded number in another formula but it uses the decimal
number instead.

How can I tell it to use the rounded number in the formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works for me.

What is your formula and how are you rounding?

Regards,
Paul

--

"Darice Bloom" <Darice wrote in message
I want to use a rounded number in another formula but it uses the decimal
number instead.

How can I tell it to use the rounded number in the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

assuming the number is in cell C15

and the calculation you want is in D15. (cell location really doesn't make
a difference)
=round(c15,1)*15-2

This formula will round cell c15 to 1 decimal place then multiply it by 15
and then subtract two.....
--
Wag more, bark less

"Darice Bloom" wrote:

I want to use a rounded number in another formula but it uses the decimal
number instead.

How can I tell it to use the rounded number in the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume that you are not Rounding the number but rather formatting the cell
to show only integers. Use the formula:

=ROUND(Your Formula, 0)

This will change the actual result of your formula into an integer.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Darice Bloom" <Darice
wrote in message
I want to use a rounded number in another formula but it uses the decimal
number instead.

How can I tell it to use the rounded number in the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ROUND(A1,0)*B1 entered in C1 will round A1 but not B1

=ROUND(A1*B1,0) will round your result in C1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP