Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CHECKING FOR DESCENDING/ASCENDING RANGE

I am trying to write a code that will look through a range of cells
range("A1:A15") and checks to see if they are all in ascending/descending
order and if not lets me know by painting the background of those cells or
changing thr font. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would go to Cell A2 and go to Format--Conditional Formatting. Change the
condition to Less Than and Type =$A1 in the formula window. Click on the
Format Button and Choose Patterns then select a color. Click OK and Click OK
again. Copy the cell A2 and Highlight A3-A15 - Right Click on the Selection
and choose Paste Special and choose Formats then click OK. This should copy
the conditional formatting down. If it is not in ascending order, something
will be highlighted.

HOpe it helps.