Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to change appearance of selected cells in Excel

So did Zarrar ever resolve her problem? I guess not. Seems MS has changed the
behaviour of Excel 2007 so that selected cells do not change colour. Which is
very annoying, particularly in discontinuous ranges. I would dearly like a
fix.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Selected cells Do change colour in XL2007
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Alan Howes" <Alan wrote in message
So did Zarrar ever resolve her problem? I guess not. Seems MS has changed
the
behaviour of Excel 2007 so that selected cells do not change colour. Which
is
very annoying, particularly in discontinuous ranges. I would dearly like a
fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would point out, however, that the shading used is not as prominent as the
shading in XL2003 and earlier versions. This is not really a problem with a
contiguous selection as there is a very visible border around the selection;
but, with non-contiguous selections, there is only this very pale (maybe
purplish) shading to indicate the selected areas which, to me, does not
stand out anywhere as well as the not-as-pale (bluish) shading used in
XL2003 and earlier versions.

Rick

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Selected cells Do change colour in XL2007
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Alan Howes" <Alan wrote in message
So did Zarrar ever resolve her problem? I guess not. Seems MS has changed
the
behaviour of Excel 2007 so that selected cells do not change colour.
Which is
very annoying, particularly in discontinuous ranges. I would dearly like
fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Rick - Having looked at my screen VERY carefully, yes indeed there is
a change of colour - but it is indeed very faint, at least on my screen. I
often use GoTo|Special|etc to select types of cell contents for one reason or
another, and in these cases, with scattered cells, it's difficult to check
whether you have what you want or not.

But I guess this is something we just have to live with (like the fact that
if you change the boldness or colour of PART of the text in a cell, it gets a
point or two smaller ...).

Cheers, Alan