Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pulling data from other Excel sheets

I have 2 fairly large reports (that have 10 tabs of data) that I do every
week and would like to know if there is a way that I don't have to re-create
these reports each week. Here is what I am currently doing: I export
specific information from ACT! into Excel (this information changes from week
to week). Then I insert several additional columns throughout so that I can
perform various calculation totals. Once this is done I copy/paste the
information that I need into my reports. Hers' my question: Is there a way
that once I have my Exported data ready to go, that I can have the data
necessary to populate automatically over to my reports rather than having to
copy/paste while keeping the format (colors, column widths, formulas, etc.)
in tact?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Rwilson130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to use a macro VBA(Visual Basic Programming Language). For people
who never used macros ther is a macro recorder the will create the macro as
you perform your steps each week. The macro wil need some modifications
because the column you use changes each week as new data is added. You can
create the macro and then post the macro so somebody can make the changes.
See the Programming group under excel for some examples.

to Record the Macro
1) From Worksheet menu Tools - Macro - Record Macro
2) Perform you usual steps
3) Stop Recording by using worksheet menu Tools - Macro - Stop Recording

to get VBA macro
1) Alt F11 - toggle between VBA window and worksheet
2) If you don't see any macro look in left window VBA Project under Modules
and double click Module 1.

You can copy the macro and Paste it in the Programming Posting to get
additional help. A dialog box (pop up window) can be created to help you
open files and save files under a new or existing name. Start with a simple
example and then get more complicated as you get use to the process.