Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mail Merge With Word, More than 1 Data Source

Is there a way to use two data sources (2 tabs in 1 Excel sheet) with Word
and Excel mail merge? What I am trying to do is have a list of people (in
Excel) in one tab and a list of their transactions in another tab and make a
Word document that has their 1st page with some data on it from the 1st tab
and a second page with all of their transactions from the second tab. I
can't think of a way. Even if I can devise a way to make it one tab with all
of the data on it, how would I break the pages by person?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only way I can think off, will be write a VBA automation procedure for
this.
The procedure starts Word, creates a new document there, scans both your
Excel tables, and writes all needed data into Word document.

Arvi Laanemets

"dawn_dudley" wrote in message
Is there a way to use two data sources (2 tabs in 1 Excel sheet) with Word
and Excel mail merge? What I am trying to do is have a list of people (in
Excel) in one tab and a list of their transactions in another tab and make
Word document that has their 1st page with some data on it from the 1st
tab
and a second page with all of their transactions from the second tab. I
can't think of a way. Even if I can devise a way to make it one tab with
all
of the data on it, how would I break the pages by person?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dawn_dudley wrote:
Is there a way to use two data sources (2 tabs in 1 Excel sheet) with Word
and Excel mail merge? What I am trying to do is have a list of people (in
Excel) in one tab and a list of their transactions in another tab and make a
Word document that has their 1st page with some data on it from the 1st tab
and a second page with all of their transactions from the second tab. I
can't think of a way. Even if I can devise a way to make it one tab with all
of the data on it, how would I break the pages by person?

Excel worksheets are large. Can you not put all the data on one sheet?

Bill