Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
r r is offline

Default Locking formats of cell

I think the solution to the should be fairly simple....but I've been playing
around with the protection settings and can't figure it out.

Here's my situation...
I have and excel sheet that I only want about 5 users out of about 50 to be
able to make changes to it. Really all these users need to do is be able to
select some cells and change the fill color. BUT the rest of the user should
only be able to view the entire document.

I was trying to protect worksheet and put passwords on it etc but nothing
seems to work how I want it to. The one option of putting opening it as read
only unless they have a password, still allows the users to "save-as" which
defeats my purpose of not letting people make changes.

Does anyone have suggestions.....
I'm using 2003.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
D. D. is offline

Hello,
Try,
Tools=Options==security=password to modify
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
r r is offline

I tried that and it works. But is there some way I can stop users from being
able to 'save as'. Don't know if this is possible.
Thanks