Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time Sheet - Hlookup, Index, SumProduct or what?

In Col's C4:I4 have Mon thru Sun

In C5:I5 have store ID's i.e., "NL" and "JP" which can move to
different days from week to week.

Have hours for each day in C9:I9 related to store ID.

Need to Sum the hours for "NL" in J6 and Sum hours for "JP" in J9

Thanks for the help

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try these:

=SUMIF(C5:I5,"NL",C9:I9)
=SUMIF(C5:I5,"JP",C9:I9)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"robert morris" wrote in message

In Col's C4:I4 have Mon thru Sun

In C5:I5 have store ID's i.e., "NL" and "JP" which can move to
different days from week to week.

Have hours for each day in C9:I9 related to store ID.

Need to Sum the hours for "NL" in J6 and Sum hours for "JP" in J9

Thanks for the help

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 6 Jun., 04:14, robert morris
wrote:
In Col's C4:I4 have Mon thru Sun

In *C5:I5 *have store ID's *i.e., *"NL" *and "JP" which can move to
different days from week to week.

Have hours for each day in C9:I9 related to store ID. *

Need to Sum the hours for "NL" in J6 and Sum hours for "JP" in J9

Thanks for the help

Bob

Hi Bob

Try theese formlas in J6 and J9:

=SUMIF(C5:I5,"NL",C9:I9)
=SUMIF(C5:I5,"JP",C9:I9)

Regards,
Per
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand your layout correctly, you can use these to get the hour
totals you want...

J6: =SUMPRODUCT((C5:I5="NL")*(C9:I9))

J9: =SUMPRODUCT((C5:I5="JP")*(C9:I9))

Rick

"robert morris" wrote in message

In Col's C4:I4 have Mon thru Sun

In C5:I5 have store ID's i.e., "NL" and "JP" which can move to
different days from week to week.

Have hours for each day in C9:I9 related to store ID.

Need to Sum the hours for "NL" in J6 and Sum hours for "JP" in J9

Thanks for the help

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey fellows,

They all worked! Thanks to each and all of you for the help.

Bob

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try these:

=SUMIF(C5:I5,"NL",C9:I9)