Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting new columns past the last column

Dumb question, I'm sure...

My last column is IV...like any default wooksheet

Is this the max width I can have?
Can I add or insert any more columns or do I have to rearrange my data to go
vertical vs. horizontal?

Thanks

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cann't add more columns ; only to use excel 2007 which
have 16000 columns , or to rearrange your data to go
vertical vs. horizontal?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

First this has nothing to do with column width. The maximum width of a
column is 255. The maximum number of columns in Excel 2003 and earlier is
256. You can beat that limit 2 ways - you can imbed a Microsoft Spreadsheet
control in the 2003 version of Excel and that will have more columns. Better
solution is to move to Excel 2007 where you can have 16,384 columns.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"The Beverage Outlet- Cahoun GA" wrote:

Dumb question, I'm sure...

My last column is IV...like any default wooksheet

Is this the max width I can have?
Can I add or insert any more columns or do I have to rearrange my data to go
vertical vs. horizontal?

Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Shane,

Of course, I meant the overall number of columns, not width per se', my bad.

Now if I only knew what a Microsoft Spreadsheet control was I would probably
be great!

Naturally, I'll reconcile myself to popping for an 2007 upgrade eventually.

But if this Spreadsheet control is not too much of a cluge, I'd like to give
it a shot.

I will poke around in help and etc to try to educate myself on this feature.