Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is the easiest way to muliply numbers in Excel

What is the easiest way to multiply numbers in excel and how can I make the
calculations repeat the process for numerous rows with different numbers to
be calculated?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Method 1. Select the cell with the formula. Copy. Select the rest of the
Range. Paste.
Method 2. Select the bottom right hand corner of the cell with the formula
and the cursor turns into a square fill handle. Drag that fill handl;e down
the rest of the range.
Method 3. If your multiplication formula is in a cell adjacent to a range
of data (if it is in cell A2 in this case), double-clicking on the fill
handle (see method 2 above) will automatically fill the formula down as many
rows as you have contiguous data in the adjacent column.

If you are struggling with Excel basics, you may need to take a basic Excel
training course or tutorials, read a book on introduction to Excel, and/ or
use the newsgroup: microsoft.public.excel.newusers.