Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SAP Excel 2007 Inplace Can't Save workbook

OS Version: Windows XP
Office Version: Office 2007
SAP GUI Version: 710 Patch 5

When choosing to view an ALV grid with the Excel Inplace viewer, the
Save option is not available. In truth, the entire title bar with
"Office Button" and ribbon disappears.

Steps for Reconstruction
Execute the "General Table Display" transaction.
Enter table MARA and click Execute.
Choose "Excel Inplace" from the ALV toolbar "Views" button.
I now see the "full" Excel 2007 window embedded within the SAP window, including the Office button and ribbon.

Click the "Office Button" once and then make any other application
window active (notepad.exe, for example).
Now again make the SAP window with Excel Inplace the active window.
I now see the Office button and ribbon is no longer displayed in the Excel Inplace window.

Any attempt to save the Excel workbook fails (in my experience).

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Jeff