Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ayo Ayo is offline

Default What is wrong with "c.Activate"

For Each c In Worksheets("RFDS Tracker").Range("A4:A" & lastRow).Cells
If c.Value < "" Then
c.Activate
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As Joel indicates, you can rewrite your code to eliminate "ActiveCell". The
only reason you may need to reference the Active Cell is in an application
where the user's selection of a particular cell influences the operation of
the procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Joel" wrote in message
with Worksheets(1)
set MyRange = .Range(.Cells(c.row,"A"),.Cells(c.row,17))
MyRange.Copy Destination:=.Range("D15")
end with

"Ayo" wrote:

I need to use "active_cell = Application.ActiveCell.Address" and a lot of
code lines like this
"Worksheets(1).Range("D15").Value =
Application.ActiveCell.EntireRow.Cells(1, 17).Value"
that is why I figured I need to activate the cell

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Is the worksheet active?

Can you do whatever you need to without activating each cell?
Activating
takes time and causes flashing of the screen while the code is running.

- Jon
-------

"Ayo" wrote in message
For Each c In Worksheets("RFDS Tracker").Range("A4:A" &
lastRow).Cells
If c.Value < "" Then
c.Activate
.
.
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs folderPath & fileName & ".xls"
End If
Next c

I am getting an error on "c.Activate", what could be wrong?