Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with time formula

I have this formula =TEXT(D2-C2,"h:mm") but when d2 and c2 are empty it
displays 0:00 I think I can use =if(isna.........but I cant get the format
right
any ideas?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your best bet would be something like:

=IF(B7-B8=0,"Hello",TEXT(B7-B8,"h:mm"))

Of course, replace Hello with any text or value you want.

"cjbarron5" wrote:

I have this formula =TEXT(D2-C2,"h:mm") but when d2 and c2 are empty it
displays 0:00 I think I can use =if(isna.........but I cant get the format
right
any ideas?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Working with times and dates in Excel can seem complex, but what helps
me is thinking of them as numbers; dates to the left of the decimal
and times to the right. I just do whatever math I need to do and
format it when it's done.

Cliff Edwards