Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help! Converting minutes Need tomorrow

Here is my problem. I need to do the following

A person made 89 calls. His average time per call was 01:31. I need a
formula that will tell me how many hours was spent on the phone converted
into hous and mins.

I'm sure there is a simple formula but I can not make it work. Can someone
help tonight?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless I am missing something, in order for you to determine the average time
per call, you already know the total number of hours:mins.

89/(total time) = 1:31

Les

"nova" wrote:

Here is my problem. I need to do the following

A person made 89 calls. His average time per call was 01:31. I need a
formula that will tell me how many hours was spent on the phone converted
into hous and mins.

I'm sure there is a simple formula but I can not make it work. Can someone
help tonight?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The 1:31 represents 1 min and 31 seconds. This is the average time per call.
What I need then is to determine the total amount of time spent on the phone
in hours and minutes

"nova" wrote:

Here is my problem. I need to do the following

A person made 89 calls. His average time per call was 01:31. I need a
formula that will tell me how many hours was spent on the phone converted
into hous and mins.

I'm sure there is a simple formula but I can not make it work. Can someone
help tonight?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=89*TIME(0,1,31)
I'd format the cell as: hh:mm:ss

And I got 02:14:59

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay this works! Thanks..but a really silly question...so I am assuming that
I would enter the below formula in the formula bar and then I would have to
change the (0,1,31) on each entry to match the time for the next entry???
Sorry to sound so stupid but this is over my head and I am not afraid to say
so!
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=89*TIME(0,1,31)
I'd format the cell as: hh:mm:ss

And I got 02:14:59

"nova" wrote:

Here is my problem. I need to do the following

A person made 89 calls. His average time per call was 01:31. I need a
formula that will tell me how many hours was spent on the phone converted
into hous and mins.

I'm sure there is a simple formula but I can not make it work. Can someone
help tonight?????

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends on how your worksheet is set up.

If you use Column A to hold the number of calls and column B to hold the
average, then you could use a formula like:

Number of calls Average Per Call Total minutes
89 00:01:31 =A2*B2

(Headers in row 1 and data in rows 2 to whatever)

Then you can drag that formula down column C as far as you need it.
Debra Dalgleish explains how to fill that formula down a range:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html

Make sure your average (in column B) represents h:m:s and column C is formatted
as hh:mm:ss or [hh]:ss:mm

Donnas3944 wrote:

Okay this works! Thanks..but a really silly question...so I am assuming that
I would enter the below formula in the formula bar and then I would have to
change the (0,1,31) on each entry to match the time for the next entry???
Sorry to sound so stupid but this is over my head and I am not afraid to say
so!
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=89*TIME(0,1,31)
I'd format the cell as: hh:mm:ss