Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vacation Accrued

What is the best way to make a spreadsheet that tracks accrued vacation per
day?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Best" often depends on the situation, but one of the simplest ways:

A1: <start date
A2: <accrual per day
A3: =(TODAY() - A1) * A2

In article ,
SilviaG wrote:

What is the best way to make a spreadsheet that tracks accrued vacation per
day?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But that includes days that are not worked. Our company accrues .0192 for
each day worked, not including weekend. is there a way in which we can do
that without counting the weekends

SilviaG wrote:

What is the best way to make a spreadsheet that tracks accrued vacation per
day?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But you asked for "accrued vacation per day" not "accrued vacation per
worked day".

FWIW, that's why I qualified my answer re "best" - I've worked for
companies that accrued vacation per calendar day, per work day, per
workED day, per 4-hour-half-worked-day, per full month, per partial
month, and per annum. And there are many other schemes out there.

You can use NETWORKDAYS() to eliminate weekends (and holidays?).

Does vacation accrue on a non-worked work day (e.g., when on vacation)?
If so, you'll need to take that into account somehow.