Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Intersection

I am trying to see what the value in column A would be where column B and C
are equal. Here is my data:

A B C
$100,000 $88,010 $(88,957)
$105,000 $74,248 $(74,149)
$110,000 $60,485 $(59,341)
$115,000 $46,722 $(44,533)
$120,000 $32,960 $(29,726)
$125,000 $19,197 $(14,918)
$130,000 $5,435 $(110)
$135,000 $(8,328) $14,698
$140,000 $(22,090) $29,506
$145,000 $(35,853) $44,314

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way, assuming both B and C are always linear functions with respect
to A:

=(INTERCEPT(C1:C10,A1:A10) - INTERCEPT(B1:B10,A1:A10)) /
(SLOPE(B1:B10,A1:A10) - SLOPE(C1:C10,A1:A10))

In article ,
Excel User 123456 wrote:

I am trying to see what the value in column A would be where column B and C
are equal. Here is my data:

A B C
$100,000 $88,010 $(88,957)
$105,000 $74,248 $(74,149)
$110,000 $60,485 $(59,341)
$115,000 $46,722 $(44,533)
$120,000 $32,960 $(29,726)
$125,000 $19,197 $(14,918)
$130,000 $5,435 $(110)
$135,000 $(8,328) $14,698
$140,000 $(22,090) $29,506
$145,000 $(35,853) $44,314

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

fitting a straight line to the data in cols A & B give a slope and intersect
of:

-2.752511515
363261.2606

fitting a straight line to the data in cols A & C give a slope and intersect
of:

2.961570909
-385114.0364

Solving for the intersection:

=(A14-A17)/(A16-A13) displays 130970.3363

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200790

"Excel User 123456" wrote:

I am trying to see what the value in column A would be where column B and C
are equal. Here is my data:

A B C
$100,000 $88,010 $(88,957)
$105,000 $74,248 $(74,149)
$110,000 $60,485 $(59,341)
$115,000 $46,722 $(44,533)
$120,000 $32,960 $(29,726)
$125,000 $19,197 $(14,918)
$130,000 $5,435 $(110)
$135,000 $(8,328) $14,698
$140,000 $(22,090) $29,506
$145,000 $(35,853) $44,314

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to see what the value in column A would be where column B and C

are equal. Here is my data:

As a side note, you can get a nice picture of your data by selecting your data, and inserting a "Line Chart"
This can help to verify your solution.
--
Dana DeLouis