Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Nesting Index & Countif

=INDEX(COUNTIF('PAR CALC.'!A3:A133,B3),'PAR
CALC.'!C3:C133,MATCH(Answers!L4,'PAR CALC.'!AV3:AV133,0))

Is this the proper way to nest these two functions? It returns a #REF!
error, but is it due to the formula or the calculation?

Thanks.

M.A.Tyler
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you should explain hat you are trying to do instead, that formula make
no sense to me,
why are you even trying to include COUNTIF?

Peo Sjoblom

"M.A.Tyler" <Great Lakes State wrote in message
=INDEX(COUNTIF('PAR CALC.'!A3:A133,B3),'PAR
CALC.'!C3:C133,MATCH(Answers!L4,'PAR CALC.'!AV3:AV133,0))

Is this the proper way to nest these two functions? It returns a #REF!
error, but is it due to the formula or the calculation?

Thanks.

M.A.Tyler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My apologies for the confusion, I'm a bit of a novice.

There are two worksheets, "Answers" and "PAR CALC." I would like to populate
Answers D4 with the data from PAR CALC. C3:C133, that matches Answers B3,
There is however a second match criteria, PAR CALC. AV3:AV133 needs to match
Answers L4. I thought if I could somehow isolate the matches from the second
criteria first, count only if (Countif). Then I could simply do an Index
Match for the first criteria. This way I would have just one formula, perhaps
thats not possible?

Thanks for your help, and patience.

Mike.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Maybe you should explain hat you are trying to do instead, that formula make
no sense to me,
why are you even trying to include COUNTIF?

Peo Sjoblom

"M.A.Tyler" <Great Lakes State wrote in message
=INDEX(COUNTIF('PAR CALC.'!A3:A133,B3),'PAR
CALC.'!C3:C133,MATCH(Answers!L4,'PAR CALC.'!AV3:AV133,0))

Is this the proper way to nest these two functions? It returns a #REF!
error, but is it due to the formula or the calculation?

Thanks.

M.A.Tyler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=INDEX(C3:C133,MATCH(1,(A3:A133=B3)*(AV3:AV133=L4) ,0))

I removed your sheet names to reduce the clutter but you should see what to
do

This is an array formula and needs to be entered with ctrl + shift & enter
as opposed to just enter