Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Validation Formula?

Excel2003 ...

Need Formula in "Validation" that will allow input of:

Capital Letter "P" and any "whole" number between 1 & 8.

Thanks ... Kha
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the allow box select list then use

P,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

remove the in cell dropdown

Peo Sjoblom

"Ken" wrote in message
Excel2003 ...

Need Formula in "Validation" that will allow input of:

Capital Letter "P" and any "whole" number between 1 & 8.

Thanks ... Kha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That won't prevent anyone entering 1.5 for instance and the UPPER part is
moot, you can use

EXACT(A1,"P")

Peo Sjoblom

On Jun 4, 7:08 pm, Ken wrote:
Excel2003 ...

Need Formula in "Validation" that will allow input of:

Capital Letter "P" and any "whole" number between 1 & 8.

Thanks ... Kha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Peo ... (Good morning)

"List" ... P,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ... is also allowing decimals such as 1.5 to be
entered?

Am I missing something? ... Thanks ... Kha

On Jun 4, 7:08 pm, Ken wrote:
Excel2003 ...

Need Formula in "Validation" that will allow input of:

Capital Letter "P" and any "whole" number between 1 & 8.

Thanks ... Kha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Peo ... (Hi)

Ok ... I changed my cell range formatting from "Numbers" to "General" & now
Validation List works as described in your post ... I am certainly not
intimate with Excel so have no clue if this should have made a difference ...
However, it is working now (decimals not allowed) so I am back on the road
again ... :)

Thanks ... Kha