Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Force line break based on text

I am writing several large Excel worksheets where one column has to be
limited to 74 characters per cell spread over two lines i.e. maximum of 37
per line. Is there a way to automatically force a line break after the 37th
character and also restrict the text in the cell to a maximum of 74
characters. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Select the column, goto Data Validation Allow : Text length Data:
"Less than or equal to" Maximum : 74 Ok

Format Format cells Alignment Check Wrap text

Adjust the column with to hold 37 chacters.

Regards,
Per

"Quizologist" skrev i meddelelsen
I am writing several large Excel worksheets where one column has to be
limited to 74 characters per cell spread over two lines i.e. maximum of 37
per line. Is there a way to automatically force a line break after the
37th
character and also restrict the text in the cell to a maximum of 74
characters. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Thanks for reply, I have tried most of what you suggested before but my
problem comes with your last instruction - How do I adjust the column width
to limit it to 37 characters? I cannot find any way to do this.

Scott