-   -   Text Import Wizard (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/87975-text-import-wizard.html)

vclemmons

Text Import Wizard

I am using the AS/400 function CPYTOIMPF file to download a tab
delimited file to a IFS folder. I want to open the document by double
clicking. One of the fields in the file I am downloading is a part
description. The field can contain several double quotes and if there
are an odd number it will cause problems. I can use the import wizard
and change the text qualifier to {none} on Step 2 of 3 and the file
will import correctly. I would like to change the text qualifier to
default to {none} so I could double click on the document and the file
open correctly. Can I do this and how?

--
vclemmons