-   -   How do I set the default e-mail program for MS Office XP? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/78323-how-do-i-set-default-e-mail-program-ms-office-xp.html)

Andy

How do I set the default e-mail program for MS Office XP?

Something has changed and I do not know what happened.

I want to click the email with attachment button and be taken to Outlook
Express.

Thank,

Andy

Dave Peterson

How do I set the default e-mail program for MS Office XP?

This is an internet setting.

I'd close excel and open MS Internet explorer.
Inside MSIE:
Tools|Internet options|Programs tab
Choose OE as your email program.

If it's already OE, then change it to something else and ok your way out. Then
change it back to OE.

(If I recall correctly, I've had to do it a couple of times to "wake up"
windows!)

--

Dave Peterson